Professional Exchange Program
Want to learn more about the entrepreneurial culture at Washington University (CORTEX)?
Care to lend your expertise to sustainable Ag in Hawaii?
Interested in advancing technology transfer worldwide? The American University in Cairo wants to hear from you!
Whatever you seek in your career, the AUTM pilot Exchange Program can help you succeed.
Experience first-hand the operations of other technology transfer offices around the world and share best practices. Regardless of your level of experience, you can learn about building ecosystems, licensing, disclosures, venture creation and more. The pairing will be based on the level of experience, ranking of specific areas of interest, and the duration of program desired. All of this and more are addressed on the Application form
. All levels of professionals are invited to participate
Those interested in participating as a Hosting Institution should complete and return the Hosting Institution Application form
, and those interested in being a participant should complete and return a Participant Application form
. The deadline for individual participants to submit applications is April 16, 2018
Here is the current list of hosting institutions:
- American University in Cairo Mid-career levels sought to hone your leadership skills
- Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA Over the past 5 years, CTTEC filed 1,199 patents, completed 949 licensing & option agreements, including 52 startups
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins Designated an APLU Innovation and Economic Prosperity University
- Iowa State University Research Foundation, Ames Learn from the passionate professionals at the second oldest technology transfer office in the U.S.
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Southern Illinois University, Springfield All 3 campus system cover Ag, Chemistry, Communications, Dental, Energy & Biofuels, Health & Medical Research, Material Science, Mining and Pharmacy
- University of Hawaii, Honolulu Seeking two senior level or strong mid-careers to 1) lead the creation of a partnership program with labs on campus to liaison to innovation and 2) lead the enhanced plant protection program and contribute to sustainable plant/Ag tech marketing program.
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF), Madison, WI
It will be up to the discretion of the hosting institution as to whether the hosting institution will accept an individual participant and the hosting institution will work with the individual participant to work out logistical issues related to when, duration and other matters outside the auspices of AUTM.