Tips for Managing Technology Transfer Office Website Design, Content & Maintenance
Date: March 30, 2016 (Wednesday)
Time: Noon – 1:30 p.m. EST
Presenters: Sara Dagen, University of Florida
Katherine Moynihan, PhD, Indiana University Research
Who Should Attend
This workshop is ideal for professionals in the field of marketing, w
ebsite design and technology transfer interested in
content maintenance in a technology transfer office.
Website design, content and maintenance can be a full-time job in a tech transfer office! There is so much involved from posting the latest exciting news to the TTO website and social media pages as well as checking to make sure the content and information appears accurately on your TTO website. Many also have a Tech Alert email service that notifies interested parties of your latest and greatest technologies available for licensing as well as a RSS feed, Facebook, Twitter and other social media pages. There is always troubleshooting to be done in regard to exports of HTML and other data from our database so that your website displays the information on the “Technologies Available for Licensing” page properly and tools available that can help you pull new technologies from your RSS feed to post to the your social media feeds. Come join us as we discuss cool tools for doing this important job!
Attendees Will Learn...
- Request for campaign from Licensing Manager - Marketing Campaign Request sample
- Initiating and Executing Marketing Campaigns
- Technical Editor – manages students, assigns and processes TOS, Campaigns, supervises creation of new and updating marketing mailing lists – Samples TOS, mailing list, taxonomies
- Database exports populate websites: AUTM GTP, and Nouvant
- TechAlert email service, RSS feed, Facebook and Twitter pages
- Hootsuite, which pulls new technologies from the Nouvant-managed RSS feed to post to the OTL Facebook and Twitter feeds
- Press Releases/ Newsletters
- RSS feed from “OTL in the News
AUTM Member $150
AUTM Online Professional Development Programs Are...
- IDEAL FOR MULTIPLE ATTENDEES – use a speakerphone and computer projector, and invite your colleagues to join you.
- FAST – get to the heart of an issue in 1.5 hours.
- CONVENIENT – no travel or time out of the office. Participate from the comfort and convenience of your desk.
- EASY – a computer and telephone are all you need. Dial in, enter your access code, go to the website and you’re in..
Did You Know…
AUTM offers recorded versions of our distance education programs? The recording of this webinar will be available online and free to all registrants within 30 days of the live event.
If you have questions about AUTM's Online Professional Development Programs contact Melinda Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-847-686-2374.
For registration questions, please contact Marti Buckely at email@example.com or +1-847-686-2244.