Date: January 11, 2018 (Thursday)
Time: Noon – 1:30 p.m. EST
Steven Schwarz- Venable LLP
Brian Giles, PhD - Thomas Horstemeyer LLP
Who should attend:
Technology transfer managers and officers with less than three years' experience.
Course description: This webinar will address the fundamentals of how to use the patent system to commercialize innovation. We will start with the history and policy behind the patent system. We will then discuss the process and requirements for obtaining a patent, which are important to know when evaluating viability of invention disclosures. Further, we will address strategies for managing a portfolio of pending and granted patents, and for monetizing the portfolio. Finally, we will end with a question and answer section.
Registration Now Open
Attendees Will Learn...
- How to evaluate an invention disclosure for patentability
- The process for obtaining a U.S. patent and initiating foreign patent applications
- Strategies for managing a portfolio of pending and granted patents
- Ways in which universities can monetize their patent portfolios
AUTM Member $150.00
Can't make the live webinar but don't want to miss the content?
Pre-order the webinar recording here. Recording will be available within 30 days of the live event.
AUTM Online Professional Development Programs Are...
- IDEAL FOR MULTIPLE ATTENDEES – use a speakerphone and computer projector, and invite your colleagues to join you.
- FAST – get to the heart of an issue in 1.5 hours.
- CONVENIENT – no travel or time out of the office. Participate from the comfort and convenience of your desk.
- EASY – a computer and telephone are all you need. Dial in, enter your access code, go to the website and you’re in..
If you have questions about AUTM's Online Professional Development Programs contact Holly Lundgren at email@example.com or +1-847-686-2347
For customer service or membership questions, please contact Marti Buckely at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-847-686-2244.