Gender in the Global Research Landscape
Date: December 6, 2017 (Wednesday)
Time: Noon – 1:30 p.m. EST
Holly J. Falk-Krzesinski, PhD - Vice President, Global Strategic Networks, Elsevier
Who should attend:
Anyone interested in understanding the value of empirical evidence for guiding the promotion of women and gender parity in research and innovation activities
Course description: Elsevier recently released a comprehensive report on research performance through a gender lens, called Gender in the Global Research Landscape, which spans 20 years, 12 geographies, and 27 disciplines. This global study draws upon data and analytics, a unique gender disambiguation methodology, and involvement of global experts to provide powerful insight and guidance on gender equality policy for governments, funders and institutions worldwide. The report demonstrates that critical issues related to gender disparity must be addressed by sound studies and supported by data, specifically examining multiple facets of research output, impact, and collaboration associated with innovation. Please join one of the report’s authors, Holly Falk-Krzesinski from Elsevier, to discuss the findings of the report and institutional actions to advance gender balance in research. This webinar is sponsored by the AUTM Womens Inventor Committee (WIC). WIC Chair Kathy Sohar will introduce Holly and provide an introduction and overview of the WIC initiatives as well as lead a closing discussion and participant Q&A.
Registration Now Open
Attendees Will Learn...
- Critical issues related to gender disparity must be examined by sound studies and supported by data.
- There are gender differences in the social aspects of research related to innovation.
- Institutional/organizational interventions and policies should be guided by the evidence base.
AUTM Member FREE!
Can't make the live webinar but don't want to miss the content?
Recording will be available on the AUTM website within 30 days of the live event.
AUTM Online Professional Development Programs Are...
- IDEAL FOR MULTIPLE ATTENDEES – use a speakerphone and computer projector, and invite your colleagues to join you.
- FAST – get to the heart of an issue in 1.5 hours.
- CONVENIENT – no travel or time out of the office. Participate from the comfort and convenience of your desk.
- EASY – a computer and telephone are all you need. Dial in, enter your access code, go to the website and you’re in..
If you have questions about AUTM's Online Professional Development Programs contact Holly Lundgren at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-847-686-2347
For customer service or membership questions, please contact Marti Buckely at email@example.com or +1-847-686-2244.