A Career in Technology Transfer
Date: August 9, 2018 (Thursday)
Time: Noon – 1:30 p.m. EST
George Challapa, PhD - The University of Chicago
Nichole Mercier - Washington University in St. Louis, Office of Technology Management
Heather Walsh - Baxter International Inc.
Kirsten Leute - Osage University Partners
Who should attend:
Those new to technology transfer and those exploring technology transfer career options after completing their PhD / Post-doctoral fellowships.
Course description: There is growing interest among graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in technology transfer careers. However, transitioning into this field can be elusive and challenging. This webinar will discuss the various roles within a technology transfer office, the skills required for these roles and strategies to transition into and develop a career in technology transfer. The webinar will also provide participants with an opportunity to hear about the experiences of seasoned professionals in the field, the challenges they faced and suggestions they have for building a successful career in technology transfer. In addition, the session will discuss the skills and qualifications which an early stage technology transfer professional should develop to successfully progress in this field, including CLP and RTTP certifications.
Registration Now Open
Attendees Will ...
- Be able to describe challenges one faces moving into technology transfer
- Learn how to utilize your scientific skills in technology transf
- Learn how to plan your career in technology transfer
- Be able to discuss skills needed to move to the next level in tech. transfer
AUTM Member FREE
Can't make the live webinar but don't want to miss the content?
Pre-order the webinar recording here. Recording will be available within 30 days of the live event.
AUTM Online Professional Development Programs Are...
- IDEAL FOR MULTIPLE ATTENDEES – use a speakerphone and computer projector, and invite your colleagues to join you.
- FAST – get to the heart of an issue in 1.5 hours.
- CONVENIENT – no travel or time out of the office. Participate from the comfort and convenience of your desk.
- EASY – a computer and telephone are all you need. Dial in, enter your access code, go to the website and you’re in..
If you have questions about AUTM's Online Professional Development Programs contact Holly Lundgren at email@example.com or +1-847-686-2347
For customer service or membership questions, please contact Marti Buckely at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-847-686-2244.