Howard Bremer Scholarship Info
The submission process for the 2019 Howard Bremer Scholarship is now open. The Howard Bremer Scholarship supports the travel and registration costs for up to five people to attend the AUTM Annual Meeting.
Launched in 2002, the Howard Bremer Scholarship is an annual program supporting students and professionals new to the field and pursuing a career in technology transfer. Named to honor our esteemed colleague, a pioneering AUTM member and past president of the association (1978–1979), the scholarship is awarded to those who—like Bremer— wish to bring creativity and innovation to the academic technology transfer profession. The scholarship’s goal is to foster educational opportunities for individuals who are committed to the vision of technology transfer and are novices in the field. Learn more about Howard Bremer’s legacy.
Scholarship applicants must be:
- A regular or student member of AUTM (click here for membership information)
- An employee of an academic, teaching, governmental, nonprofit research entity, or a related organization of such an entity established for the purpose of facilitating technology transfer, or an international counterpart, thereof
- Have less than two years of experience in the profession or, if a student, must be studying technology transfer in an accredited graduate program
AUTM will select up to five scholars, who will receive:
- Complimentary registration to the AUTM Annual Meeting
- $500 honorarium
- Travel support up to $1,300 to the AUTM Annual Meeting
- Formal recognition at the AUTM Annual Meeting
Applications will only be accepted through the online portal.
To submit an application for the 2019 Howard Bremer Scholarship, visit the online portal at https://www.autm.net/resources-surveys/nomination-system/nomination-submissions/
Deadline: Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
If you have questions about the Howard Bremer Scholarship, contact Joanne Kubinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-847-686-2296.