Ready to relax and unwind? We've set up some fun things for you to enjoy Tuesday afternoon. There's something for everyone — from tennis and world class golf to soaking up the sun poolside or taking a jeep adventure in the desert.
Desert Off-Road Jeep Tour
1:30 -5:30 p.m.
||Voted the best tour in Phoenix! Enjoy this unique opportunity to explore the Sonoran Desert via four-wheel drive vehicles. Each off-road vehicle is driven by an Arizona cowboy guide who will entertain and educate guests with interesting and entertaining facts about the desert and the early settlers that called this rough wilderness home.
Among the many interesting topics discussed will be:
- Native American use of desert plants and cacti in their everyday lives
- Plants used for medicinal purposes
- Desert plants used for direction
- Desert plants that can be used for food and water
- Desert survival technique of deer, coyote, javelina and other animals
- Off-road desert tour
- Nature walk
- Bottled water
- Tax and gratuity
- Southwest Conference Planners complete coordination
Jeep Tour Registration
- Individual waivers to be completed prior to activity
- Required attire: closed-toe shoes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in jeeps
- Estimated 5-6 people per jeep
- Not recommended for pregnant women or those that have had recent back surgery
- Click here to register for the Desert Off Road Jeep Tour. Note: Username and Password is AUTM.
- Per person cost: $ 180.00
NOTE: If the minimum is not met, tour will be cancelled and you’ll be notified and reimbursed.
Wildfire Golf Club — Palmer Signature Course
1:30 p.m. Shotgun Start
Wildfire Golf Club features two 18-hole championship golf courses designed by Arnold Palmer and Nick Faldo. Surrounded by the McDowell Mountains and century-old saguaro cacti, Wildfire Golf Club offers a complete practice facility with an-all grass driving range, two putting greens, and a chipping/bunker green, rentals and lessons, 2,500 square feet golf shop, MERITAGE urban tavern, juniors golf program, club fitting on-site and personal tournament coordinator.
AUTM has reserved tee times on the Palmer Signature Course, an 18-hole course covering 7,145 yards. This course features scenic and expansive fairways allowing the ball to remain in play even on an errant shot.
- Download the AUTM Golf form and fax completed form with payment details to the golf club, +1-480-293-3802
- Or call the golf club, +1-480-293-3834
- The cost is $149.00 per person plus tax
The Tennis Center features eight premier hard, lighted courts, and a full-service pro shop carrying the latest selection of apparel, equipment and same-day racquet stringing. Group and one-on-one instruction is available, along with daily clinics, private lessons, matching services and ball machine rentals.
- Court fee: $20.00 per court per hour
- Private lessons: $90.00 per hour
- Free racquet rental to all attendees
- Drill clinic in the afternoon, 2-3:30 p.m., $30.00 per person
- Ball machine: $45.00 per hour
Tennis Reservations and Information
Director of Tennis
Relax and unwind at the award-winning, 28,000 square foot Revive Spa, recognized among the best spas in the country by Condé Nast Traveler and Mobil Travel Guide. The spa's signature treatments combine ancient rituals with cutting-edge techniques for a luxurious and memorable experience.
With any treatment booked, you’ll enjoy access to all of Revive’s amenities including:
Spa Reservations (strongly encouraged)
- Tranquil Sanctuary Pool, Eucalyptus Steam room
- Dry Sauna
- Men’s and Women’s relaxation rooms
- Peaceful outdoor patios and lofts
- Fitness center and movement studio
- Call +1-480-293-3700
- Or visit jwrevivespa.com
- AUTM guests receive a 20% discount off all spa treatments
There are two fitness centers available to get that afternoon workout going! The hotel’s state-of-the-art fitness centers have everything you need to keep up your workout routine while away from home. With new equipment including cardiovascular machines and free-weights, you can stay fit during your stay in Pheonix.
Spa Fitness Center
Open 24-hours daily with room key
Located at Revive Spa
Resort Fitness Center
Open daily from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Located near the pool courtyard
The resort features five heated pools: Mesa Pool, Wildfire Pool, Sidewinder Pool, Lazy River Pool and the Revive Spa adult pool (admittance is available for a fee or is complimentary with a spa treatment). There are also two Jacuzzis, a Serpentine Waterslide and a Kids Splash Pad. Pools are heated to a comfortable 80 degrees during winter months.
Relax and unwind poolside while sipping on AUTM’s special discounted drink — the Blue Rita (Blueberry Margarita)!
Hiking, Walking & Jogging
Stop by the front desk to pick up walking or jogging maps. Route lengths vary to suit every guest. Take a quick walk over to Desert Ridge Marketplace or find yourself on a longer excursion looking onto the Wildfire Golf Course.
Shopping — Desert Ridge Marketplace
With 1.2 million square feet of retail space featuring outdoor fireplaces and unique water features, Desert Ridge Marketplace delivers an interactive shopping, dining and entertainment experience in a vibrant, high-energy outdoor setting you’ll want to come back to again and again.
From apparel and appliances to food and furniture, Desert Ridge Marketplace has everything you’re looking for! Conveniently located within walking distance of the hotel (directly across the street) or use the hotel’s complimentary shuttle service.
Click here for a complete list of shops and map.