Strategies for the European Unitary Patent
Date: September 19, 2017 (Tuesday)
Time: Noon – 1:30 p.m. EST
Joanna Thurston - Withers & Rogers LLP
Bruce Girvan - Ceres Power Limite
Who should attend:
People in TTO at all career levels with an interest in European Patent law.
Course description: The coming into force of the Unitary Patent will be a landmark moment in European Law. The Unitary Patent has the power to revolutionize European patent filing strategy. It’s been many years in the making, but it is likely to arrive in Spring 2018, and will apply to all European Patent applications pending at that date.
Now is the time to consider how this new option can be used as part of your patent filing strategy.
This talk will cover ways to make the most of the Unitary Patent, with a particular emphasis on how it can work with common University commercialization models.
The talk will cover:
- A brief overview of the fundamentals
- How the Unitary Patent could work for you
- UP v classical EP national validation route v national filings
- Best options for Licensing models?
- Best options for Start ups?
Registration Now Open
Attendees Will Learn...
- The advantages, and potential disadvantages of the system
- Processes and timings
- How the Unitary Patent likely to be used by SME's, medium sized businesses and large corporate
- How the Unitary Patent is likely to be used in license negotiations
- How the Unitary Patent could be incorporated into your IP strategy
- The importance of ownership
- What the risks are to the implementation process
AUTM Member $150.00
Can't make the live webinar but don't want to miss the content?
Pre-order the webinar recording here. Recording will be available within 30 days of the live event.
AUTM Online Professional Development Programs Are...
- IDEAL FOR MULTIPLE ATTENDEES – use a speakerphone and computer projector, and invite your colleagues to join you.
- FAST – get to the heart of an issue in 1.5 hours.
- CONVENIENT – no travel or time out of the office. Participate from the comfort and convenience of your desk.
- EASY – a computer and telephone are all you need. Dial in, enter your access code, go to the website and you’re in..
If you have questions about AUTM's Online Professional Development Programs contact Holly Lundgren at email@example.com or +1-847-686-2347
For customer service or membership questions, please contact Marti Buckely at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-847-686-2244.