Effective Operation Strategies for Small Tech Transfer Offices
Date: September 14, 2017 (Thursday)
Time: Noon – 1:30 p.m. EST
Rodney Ridley Sr., PhD - Executive Director & Distinguished Professor, Allan P. Kirby Center for Free Enterprise and Entrepreneurship, Wilkes University
Chase Kasper - Assistant Vice President for Research, Technology Transfer and Corporate Relations, The University of Southern Mississippi
Who should attend:
Technology transfer professionals at all levels.
Course description: The focus of this webinar is highlight the challenges and opportunities currently facing smaller tech transfer offices. While smaller offices may be “resource constrained,” their size allows them to potentially more efficient and response due to its lean nature. Both presenters will provide insights from their respective ecosystems and the rationale for their methods and strategies within their respective institutions. Attendees of this course should ideally come away with ideas and approaches for better strategies and tactics to make their office more efficient and effective for its key stakeholders.
Registration Now Open
Attendees Will Learn...
- Navigating high-dollar budget items using non-conventional sources
- Engaging the local and regional start-up ecosystem and economic development community
- Strategies for improving and strengthening relationships between the TTO and the faculty
- Engaging larger corporations and medium-sized enterprises in smaller regions
- Tactical and strategic methods for success in the face of constrained resources
- Best practices, lessons learned, and an outlook for the future
- Understanding perspectives of small public vs. private institutions
AUTM Member $150.00
AUTM Online Professional Development Programs Are...
- IDEAL FOR MULTIPLE ATTENDEES – use a speakerphone and computer projector, and invite your colleagues to join you.
- FAST – get to the heart of an issue in 1.5 hours.
- CONVENIENT – no travel or time out of the office. Participate from the comfort and convenience of your desk.
- EASY – a computer and telephone are all you need. Dial in, enter your access code, go to the website and you’re in..
Did You Know…
AUTM offers recorded versions of our distance education programs? The recording of this webinar will be available online and free to all registrants within 30 days of the live event. You can preorder the recording here.
If you have questions about AUTM's Online Professional Development Programs contact Holly Lundgren at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-847-686-2347
For customer service or membership questions, please contact Marti Buckely at email@example.com or +1-847-686-2244.