Burroughs Wellcome Fund Scholarship
AUTM's goal is to support and advance global academic technology transfer by creating vital networks between technology users and developers, between researchers and manufacturers, and between universities and industry and providing the resources necessary for their success. As technology transfer is the nexus of those relationships, it is imperative to have well-trained technology transfer professionals to help bring thousands of inventions to life.
To fill the demand for technology transfer professionals, AUTM is providing this scholarship opportunity for the highly-trained graduate and post-doctoral student population who are striving to find successful employment. This 10-month fellowship program will introduce qualified candidates to the fundamental knowledge needed to enter and navigate the technology transfer field with the overall goal of placing those students in technology transfer offices nationwide.
The application deadline was June 30, 2016.
Download the application here.
Download more information on the scholarship here.
AUTM Technology Transfer Training Program
The program will identify, train and prepare graduate and post-doctoral students for the transition from bench work to academic technology transfer professionals. Each Technology Transfer Training Program student will be assigned an experienced technology transfer mentor who will be available throughout the program and beyond. The program will immerse participants in the seven fundamental knowledge and skill areas that all technology transfer professionals need to be successful — from invention disclosure and assessment to operations and leadership.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Be an academic scientist or engineer at the graduate or post-doctoral level
- Have little (less than one year) or no direct work experience in technology transfer
- Be interested in learning to apply skills in technology transfer beyond employment in academia and industry
AUTM will select up to nine scholars, who will receive:
Download the application here.
- One year AUTM Membership
- Program syllabus
- Assignment of an experienced technology transfer mentor available throughout the Training Program
- Free access to the 3rd edition of AUTM’s Technology Transfer Practice Manual (TTPM)
- Complete access to AUTM’s Webinars
- Attendance at AUTM’s 2016 TOOLS and Essentials Courses in Baltimore, Maryland, October 3-5 (course registration and hotel covered, and up to $500 in airfare)
- Attendance at AUTM’s 2017 Annual Meeting in Hollywood, Florida, March 12-15 (meeting registration and hotel covered and up to $500 in airfare)
- Formal recognition at the 2017 Annual Meeting including availability of senior AUTM members for resume review
Submit completed applications to Kelly Markey, email@example.com
. The deadline to submit applications was June 30, 2016
. Incomplete applications will not be considered. AUTM may request additional information for consideration.
About Burroughs Wellcome Fund
The Burroughs Wellcome Fund (BWF) is a private, independent foundation located in Research Triangle Park, NC. BWF is dedicated to advancing the biomedical sciences by supporting research and other educational endeavors. For more information visit www.bwfund.org
For questions or additional information on the Burroughs Wellcome Fund Scholarship, contact Kelly Markey, firstname.lastname@example.org.