AUTM 2013 Venture Forum
Friday, March 1
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
||Louis P. Berneman, Ed.D., CLP, Osage University Partners
||Douglas D. French, Managing Director, Santé Ventures
||Danny Janiak, Ph.D., Associate, DFJ Mercury
||Kyparissia Sirinakis, Managing Partner, Rock Spring Ventures
||S. Edward Torres, Managing Director, Lilly Ventures
||Click here for a list of our business plan review
The AUTM 2013 Venture Forum will provide attendees an opportunity to
hear from and interact with some of the top institutional and corporate
venture investors in the country. The AUTM Venture Forum will consist of
two events: a venture capital (VC) panel discussion and a business plan
competition. The VC panel will include a moderated question-and-answer
session that will help academic institutions and their affiliated new
ventures understand the venture capital perspective and more effectively
work together to build value in our university-affiliated technology
companies. Immediately following, the same panel of seasoned venture
investors will judge the business plan competition, where
university-related startup companies will compete for a $10,000 cash
AUTM Announces 2013 Venture Forum Business Plan Finalists
- BioReplicon, South Texas College of Law
- Iowa Approach LLC, University of Iowa
- RETECTIX, LLC, Washington University in St. Louis
- VitaThreads, LLC, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
These finalists will present their plans at the AUTM 2013 Annual
Finalists will receive:
- Reimbursement from AUTM of up to $1,000 for travel expenses,
including hotel costs, for the AUTM 2013 Annual Meeting.
- One complimentary registration for the AUTM 2013 Annual Meeting and
complimentary use of AUTM’s partnering software, AUTM ConnectTM,
at the Annual Meeting.
- The opportunity to present to an esteemed panel of venture investors
and obtain critical and constructive feedback from the panel.
- The opportunity to discuss their business and get feedback from
partners in the venture community.
The first place startup company
will receive a $10,000 cash prize.
The winner will be announced during the AUTM Annual Meeting
and via press release.
Criteria for Eligibility
- The startup must be a legally existing company and have a license or
option-to-license with a research institution (university, research
hospital, research institute, government
laboratory), and the obligated technology must comprise an integral part
of the startup’s business focus. Note: There is
no territorial limitation on the company’s location.
- The startup does not need to have received prior professional
investment but must be actively seeking funding. Note:
Startups that have already received (i) a Series A round, (ii) in excess
of $2 million in private investments, or (iii) significant sales revenue
in 2012 or before are too advanced and not eligible for this
- A manager/executive must present the venture pitch, not an
- AUTM cannot be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of
your submission. AUTM will not ask anyone to agree to or sign
non-disclosure/confidentiality statements on behalf of any
If you have any questions regarding the AUTM Venture Forum, contact AUTM
headquarters via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by phone
at +1-847-559-0846, or by fax at +1-847-480-9282.