Enter to Win a $100 AmEx Gift Card
Attendees of the AUTM 2017 Annual Meeting come from all over the world. Help us spread the word and enter for a chance to win one of three $100 AmEx gift cards.
How to Enter
Tweet an image of yourself at the AUTM selfie station on Twitter with the hashtags, #IamAUTM & #AUTM2017, and tag or name who you are here to represent at AUTM 2017.
Example: “Great to be here at #AUTM2017 with my colleagues from @EmoryOTT, looking forward to all the great sessions! Please RT! #IamAUTM”
How to Win
There is only one way to win.
- Three winners will be chosen through a random selection of eligible participants on Twitter.
- You must be a legal resident of the U.S. of eighteen (18) years of age or older and a registered attendee of the AUTM 2017 Annual Meeting to enter.
- You must have an account on Twitter.
- You must be a follower of the official AUTM Twitter account, @AUTM_Network.
- Only one entry is permitted per account. You cannot create additional Twitter accounts to increase your chances of winning.
- You cannot use any paid efforts to increase your chance of winning.
- The Prize Winners will be notified on or about March 20th, 2017 by email or other necessary means.
For more information, please read our “Official Rules.”
- Seek. Find other AUTM members (people and their university / organization / company) and follow them — they will typically follow you back.
- Piggyback. Browse the people / companies / organizations that your friends and colleagues follow, and follow them yourself — they will typically follow you back.
- Listen. Twitter will make suggestions based on the people that you follow.
- Mirror image. Your network can be seen as a reflection of your office’s mission and values, so be selective about the people and the types of organizations you follow.
- Retweet. Asking to be retweeted (RT) does increase the chance that your tweet will be shared.
- Follow AUTM (@AUTM_Network).
- Like. Find the same people you are following on Twitter, on Facebook and “like” their page.
- Images. Posts with images are 300% more likely to get clicked than those without pictures.
- Like the Association of University Technology Managers.
- Connect. Find people with whom you share an interest with at the Annual Meeting and connect with them on LinkedIn.
- Discuss. Participate in LinkedIn discussions with other AUTM 2017 attendees to help build up your network.
- Follow the Association of University Technology Managers.
Other Social Media Tips and Tactics
- Hashtags. Use relevant popular hashtags in your post so that a wider audience may find your post; e.g. if you are posting the video on Friday, use the hashtag #Friday.
- Be Catchy. Put on your thinking cap. Use clever words and phrases in your tweets.
- Timing. Post at the right times — each social media platform has peak viewership times (for example Twitter viewership peaks mid-week afternoons).
- Audience Mix. Vary your audiences — target different audiences with different tweets. A message that appeals to one audience may not appeal to another and vice versa.